Saturday, January 17, 2009

My husband... gotta train him.

This morning, Gabriel headed back to School for his final semester of his MBA. He will have it in his hand by this time, come August. He's been off for three weeks, and this morning, he was all business. I had to leave early this morning as well to go speak at an Encounter (conference). I got all dolled up in my new clothes from Anthropologie- put on make-up, my sexy knee high leather boots, and my navy blue pea coat. I was lookin' darn good!
He comes over pecks me quickly on the cheek and says "Bye."
In the flavor of "Do unto others..." I hinted... "Bye HONEY! You look gorgeous, good luck today..."
He goes "THANK you" and walked out the door and shut it behind him....
I giggled to myself at the sheer comedy of HOW FAR THAT JUST WENT OVER HIS HEAD...
I can see his feet through the glass window at the bottom of the door.
They pause, slowly turn, and come back and open the door where I am still standing in the same spot waiting.
He goes, "Did you want me to say that to you?" He laughed sheepishly.
Uh-huh, I nod.
He grabs me, plants one on me, and says "You look gorgeous, good luck today."
I say, "Why, thank you!"

Did it mean less because I had to tell him to say it? Absolutely NOT. The fact that he came back and made it right... MAJOR POINTS!!! Not that I keep track...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy and I read your post at the same time...we were laughing.

Although, point taken. Thanks for the tip.

Hey...why don't you let me give you some free hosting and transfer over to wordpress? it's more fun.

Desire Your Heart said...

Well need I mention... you are married to a pretty amazing man. I'm happy to call him family. Nah... happy ain't even the word I'm looking for, it's more than that.

xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

Unknown said...

First of all, you are an absolutely beautiful women.
Second of all, you have an amazing hubby who adores you. Everyone knows this, because of the way he looks at you. I know we need justification sometimes, but the fact he turned around is quit remarkable. (Geoff would not have..haha)
Anyway, I love your stories.