Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Years Resolutions: Goal Setting... Vision Questions

I am a HUGE believer in setting goals. I do them every year. I have already done mine for 2009, but I may have to revise them a bit after reading this. In the spirit of sharing my secrets to success, here is an AWESOME recent find~ I fully intend (hate that word) to utilize this system this year. You can also find an E-book entitled "Spring Cleaning". It is a 10 day system to completely decluttering, organizing, and cleaning your home. REALLY excited!
This is energizing because to ME, when I think of the above stated task, I get depressed, anxious, and defeated before even beginning. My answer to this is usually to just hire someone else to come do it for me.
WHY? Because I feel (and I know my feelings are not fact, but perception is everything...) that the task is one that has no end. That it would take FOREVER. And I will be completely miserable. Oh, and I'd be overwhelmed by just trying to figure out where to start.
So, this system seems really do-able.
I will keep you posted...







I got these off an awesome BLOG called SIMPLEmom. CLICK HERE You don't have to be a mom to answer these questions or to set goals. These will help!
Enjoy!
~

Vision Questions for 2009

1. What skill do you most want to learn this year?

2. What is one skill you already have that you’d like to improve this year?

3. Name three books you most definitely want to read in 2009.

4. In what specific area do you most want to encourage your spouse? What are some ways you can do this?

5. Think of one of your major life goals. What will you do this year to make you one step closer to reaching that goal?

6. Name your kids’ biggest strengths. What are some ways you can specifically nourish those strengths?

7. Name your kids’ most prominent weakness. What are some ways you can encourage their ability to overcome it?

8. What is one of your strengths? Think of some specific ways you can exercise it this year.

9. What is one of your weaknesses? Brainstorm some ideas on how you can overcome this deficiency.

10. Think of an important relationship aside from your spouse and children. How will you nurture that relationship this year?

11. Name a few ways your physical health could be improved.

12. Name a few ways your family’s financial health could be improved.

13. In what way do you want to draw closer to God?

14. What is one area of home management that frustrates you? Think of some specific ways you could improve your attitude about it.

15. Have you ever created a family mission statement with your spouse? If so, why not do one for this year?

16. Name one specific thing you could do with your spouse this year that will deepen your intimacy.

17. What is something that is continually undone in your life? What will you do to fully complete it this year?

18. In what ways will you be involved with your local community?

19. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by your birthday this year?

20. Think of three words you’d like to describe your 2009.

No comments: